On December 31 2021, I deactivated my Facebook account. I was struck by the fact that it wasn’t adding anything of value to my life. So I decided to quit it. Here’s what I missed out on from not being on Facebook this year…
- Not as many people contacted me on my birthday. (I probably missed your birthday too. Sorry about that).
- 20% less people viewed my blog.
What I gained:
- More time being present with family (still not great at that).
- More headspace to think creatively.
- A sense of moral superiority when I hear people talking about Facebook. (Not proud of that one).
- More time to work.
- A greater sense of peace and less angst.
- Zero pointless notifications.
- Less craziness and outrage.
- Zero conspiracy theories.
That’s a win.
Now, what to do with Instagram?